Business areas and products
- Latin name: Gadus Morhua
- Family: Gadinae
- Max. size: 47 kg, up to 20 years old
- Habitat: North-east Atlantic
- Spawning grounds: Coast of Norway for coastal cod; Lofoten for winter cod
- Spawning period: Around March
- Other: Cod in Norway can be roughly classified into three groups; Coastal cod north of and south of 62 degrees latitude, and winter cod. Coastal cod lives and spawns locally, while winter cod grows and lives in the Barents Sea and spawns in Lofoten, Vesterålen and Møre.